Primary qualifications: MSc Physician Associate Studies
Other qualifications: BMedSci Medical Sciences
Other languages spoken: Welsh and English
Physician associates are medical professionals with generalist training who work alongside doctors and other healthcare professionals to diagnose and manage patients with acute and chronic health conditions.
Physician associates can:
- Assess you and formulate a diagnosis
- If necessary the physician associate will arrange investigations, consult with a supervising GP, or refer you on for specialist input.
- Discuss/monitor treatment and develop management plans
- Physician associates can propose treatment, but cannot currently prescribe. Prescriptions will be signed by a supervising GP.
- Provide patient education and health promotion advice
- e.g. contraception advice, smoking cessation counselling
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.